The Drupal WxT 7.x-4.x branch will be updated with a stable release approximately once every few months roughly around the 18th. The reason for this is to follow as closely the Drupal security and core release cycle which is usually around the 15th of every month.
Starting in January 2016 there will be no more new features integrated into the 7.x-1.x branch. Only security and minor bug fixes will be merged into the codebase for a period of 6 months. Users are strongly encouraged to use the upgrade path to the 4.x branch.
The Drupal WxT 7.x-4.x branch is where all new work is commencing and where additional features can be requested. The whole process will be outlined in the roadmap section. Currently the 4.x branch is the official recommended branch.
A generated list of all 4.x releases with Changelog can be found at the Releases page.
You should only ever upgrade from one version of WetKit to the next sequential version!
Consistently check the CHANGELOG.md files for up-to-date information on the Drupal WxT releases.
It is inadvisable to skip versions as certain update hooks expect the existence of certain files that might not exist in subsequent releases. Additionally do not manually update modules within distributions! Drupal Distributions contain a carefully selected set of module versions along with specific patches. You should never update individual modules within a distribution unless you are an experienced developer. In the end just stick to the release cycle as it will save you a lot of headache.
- First and foremost always backup your database. (e.x.
- Additionally copy your sites folder by moving it from the virtual host path to a backup location
- Extract the latest stable release of Drupal WxT into your virtual host path
- Copy your sites directory into the new folder
drush cc all
- Ensure all of the WetKit Features are in a reverted state
- For customization of default WetKit features so they remain in a reverted state please use: Features Override
- You have now successfully updated!