The easiest way to update an existing slideshow is to Edit the Block directly via contextual links. Simply mouse-over the gears widget in the top right corner and then click Edit Block.
To see a list of carousel slideshows you can use the content blocks admin page
/admin/content/blocks to filter by type Slideshow and then click Edit.
Create / Edit slideshow
- Label: This is the visible name of the slideshow when listed in the blocks admin page.
- Title: Not used, leave this empty.
- Expand: Pre-existing slides will need to be expanded to be updated.
- New Slide: Only first 2 pre-existing slides can be expanded immediately, click on New Slide to see other pre-existing slides.
- Add another item: Creates one empty slide at the bottom of the list, and also expands all the existing slides above.
- Plugin settings: Options for the slideshow to auto-play or not, animation and cycle speeds regular/fast/slow, and tabs style for the buttons and layout of the block.
- Image style: Various styles that will change how the image is rendered.
Create / Edit slides
- Slide image: Browse to the media library to select the image, or click Edit to modify the already selected image. (See Media Library image guidance)
- Headline: When slides are collapsed in Slideshow edit mode this is the visible text beside the image icon
- Title: This is the clickable text the public sees under the slide image
- URL: This is the link that combines with Title under the slide image. Use the OG format [site:url]/slide-target-page-name, do not use Linkit UUID values
- WYSIWYG: Use this to add more text under the slide image, styling options will work as well. (See WYSIWYG guidance)
- Re-order slides: To change the order of the slides, left-click, hold and drag the four arrow icon.
- Saving changes: Click on the Save button (bottom left) to save changes to the slideshow options, the slide(s) image / title / URL, or the order of the slides.